Monday 21 July 2014

Lauren Conrad Loose Waves

Lauren Conrad has great hair. Fact.
So when she uploaded a video of how she gets her loose waves, I thought I would give it a try. 

I washed my hair and let it dry naturally through the day as I didn't fancy blasting myself with a hair dryer when it was so hot outside!


This is the curling wand I used, it's a 1 1/2 inch tong and I bought it from Salons Direct for £7.50


Half done!

All done!

Once I had taken out my clips and given it a brush through it looked great! However it took me about 45 minutes to do the whole lot and it only stayed bouncy for about half an hour, buy the time I had done my make up and walked out the door it was pretty straight again! There's many reasons this could be...my hair spray wasn't strong enough, I had used no other product in my hair, I didn't have the same clips shown in the video, my curler wasnt hot enough (it was a cheapy one!) or simply that my hair is straight and likes to be that way!

Anyone have any tips on how I can my this work in naturally straight hair?! Or anyone else tried this tutorial and found better ways of creating the look?

2 comments :

  1. I have exactly the same problem unless I physically fry my hair harri! sad for straight hair :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, aren't we lucky with our naturally straight hair that doesn't do anything... Going to have to fry it! Read your hair tips, will have to test those!

      Delete