Saturday 2 August 2014

A Poofy Plait


I am a big fan of quiffy hair-dos and am always trying to get more volume in my hair and finding quick easy styles that suit me. Last night the girls and I went out for a few drinks and a catch up, only to the pub, a casual affair but it's still nice to make an effort!


I didn't want my hair freshly washed, as it would all just fall flat, so I sprayed it through with some Batiste dry shampoo in the cherry scent (it's not very cherryie!) and brushed it through with a soft brush.

I put the top section of my hair in a clip and ties the rest back out of the way.

Starting at the back of the top section, back comb the roots to create volume. Leave the very front bit to hide the backcombed mess and create a smooth effect.

Secure at the back with some Bobby pins and use a good lashing of hair spray to smooth down fly aways and help it to stay in for the evening. 



 Ta-da! What do you reckon?
I wish I had had a clear or smaller band as this blue one is a bit big! I think it looks slightly Elsa-esq from Frozen, some one also told me I reminded them of Jennifer Lawrence...but I'm pretty sure they were drunk and had no idea what they were talking about! 


No comments :

Post a Comment